Friday, November 23, 2018 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM
East Drive, Excelsior, MN
office ; 810 Excelsior Blvd.
Excelsior, MN 55331
Event Dates and Times
10:00 AM - 07:00 PM
10:00 AM - 07:00 PM
11:00 AM - 04:00 PM
2018 Excelsior Thanksgiving Extravaganza!
Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt13th annual German Christmas Festival on Thanksgiving weekend.!
A three-day event modeled after the traditional German, open-air Christmas markets. The festival features German holiday foods, decor, gifts, and entertainment for the entire family. It is free and open to the public.
LOCATION: East Drive adjacent to the Excelsior Brewing in Downtown Excelsior.
DATES: Thanksgiving weekend:
Friday Nov.243th, Saturday, Nov.24th. hours 10am to 7pm.
and Sunday, Nov.25th.hours 11 to 4pm
The festive market will be decorated for Christmas. Christmas figures, live evergreen; garland, wreaths and trees, plus decorative lighting. The entrance will be bracketed with life-size nutcracker soldiers.
Christkindlsmarkt officially opens at 10 AM on Friday, November 24th when Father Christmas
and the Christkind Angel lead the parade down Water Street to the festival entrance and the Christkind reads the proclamation to formally open Christkindlsmarkt. Live Reindeer join the festival Friday and Saturday. Saturday at 5pm is the Children’s Lighted Lantern Parade, a sight to behold on Water Street, with over 500 children with glowing lights led by Father Christmas, Reindeer, and the Christkind.
This immensely popular market will feature
• Modern, vintage and traditional German artisan gifts.
• Local choirs, carolers, and musicians.
• An array of delicious holiday and German foods.
• Father Christmas aboard the NorthPole Trolley (running throughout the event).
• Horse-drawn buggy rides on the main street of Excelsior.
• KinderWorld (children’s heated center for music, storytelling, balloon artist, and facepainting.
• The Frozen Princesses are at Kinderworld.
* Sat. night The Chrildren's Lantern Parade.
The Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt offers an enchanting holiday experience to be enjoyed by young and old.
We are including "Timber Bay" as a festival partner. They will be managing the Christmas Tree sales lot this year to be located at the entrance to Christkindlsmarkt.
For more information about the Christkindlsmarkt please visit; www.excelsiorChristmas.com
Contact: Event Co-or; Myrle Mackenzie 952-292-8898
Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt Inc.
810 Excelsior Blvd.
The immensely popular market will feature:
• Modern, vintage and traditional German artisan gifts
• Local choirs, carolers, and musicians
• An array of delicious holiday and German foods
• Father Christmas aboard the NorthPole Trolley (running throughout the event)
• KinderWorld (children’s heated center for music, storytelling, balloon artist, and face-painting
• The Frozen Princesses in KinderWorld and on the NorthPole Trolley